Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Client: The Armour Group
Architect: MacKay Lyons Sweetapple Architects
Certifications: LEED Canada-CS Silver Candidate
Size: 107,000 sq. ft.
Project Budget: N/A
EON 75 is the second building built at the EON Square office campus in Bedford, Nova Scotia.
M&R Engineering was responsible for mechanical design including HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection as well as electrical design including Lighting, Power, Communications and Security and Sustainability Consulting (LEED Point Documentation, Commissioning and Energy Modeling).
- The building is situated on an east-west axis and fins are installed on east and west windows to minimize peak cooling loads.
- Condensing Gas Boilers provide low temperature water to fin-tube radiators designed to heat the space year around with the boilers in condensing mode (>90% efficiency).
- Variable Speed drives are installed on circulation pumps and fans to save electricity and provide greater control.
- A high efficiency and low refrigerant charge air-cooled chiller provides chilled water to VAV air handling units.
- Occupancy sensors are installed to reduce lighting power when the room is unoccupied.
- Cut-off fixtures are installed in the parking lot to reduce light pollution.
- Electric vehicle charging stations are located in the parking lot.
- Electricity is sub-metered to allow tenants to track their energy use.
- Low flow plumbing fixtures save water and energy used to heat domestic water.