Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Client: BANC Group
Architect: Paul Skerry Associates Ltd.
Size: 205,000 sq. ft. (including parking garage)
Project Budget: N/A
This 16 storey, 77 unit apartment building includes 14 floors of multi-unit residential, a commercial floor, a lobby/ground floor and underground parking garage.
M&R Engineering was responsible for mechanical design including HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection as well as electrical design including Lighting, Power, Communications and Security.
- Apartments are heating and cooled by a boiler-cooling tower water loop heat pump system.
- Condensing boilers provide heating and domestic hot water.
- Heat is captured from the heat pumps when they are air conditioning to preheat domestic hot water.
- Each apartment has an HRV providing individual control of ventilation rate and allowing heat recovery from exhaust air.
- A natural gas-fired emergency generator powering life safety systems.